Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Today we must buy shoes. All three of my girls have outgrown theirs... at the same time. I'm rather pleased with the timing though because usually they do this mid-school year. AND I have a coupon for shoes. They want Heelys, but it isn't going to happen. Afterall, we're talking 6 pairs of shoes total because they need both athletic shoes and dress shoes. Sorry kidlets, next go-around in the cosmos you'd better be born to Bill Gates instead of Ma and Pa Kettle.

I found a new favorite knitting blog/read called Knitsisters. Many of you may already be privvy to the gaeity and humor these ladies provide, but I'm a newbie. I've spent over 1/2 hour this morning perusing the archives. Icarus in Vegas, hee hee. And knitters turned murderers/ terrorists. These gals are a hoot.

Wild Waves was fun. I enjoyed spending some one-on-one time with A2. Too bad cloning isn't viable yet. I'd take 5 copies. 1 for each of my daughters, 1 bad clone to do laundry and housework and 1 to spend time with B. Me, the original, would knit of course. Sorry, I digress. Wild Waves was fun, but horribly expensive, parking alone was $12! When we entered they did a thorough bag check. I congratulated the young man for taking security so seriously and his reply was that it was only a food and drink search. Huh? So I could have brought a WMD into the park but my bottle of water and bag of peanuts would have been confiscated! To say that the food inside was expensive is a gross understatement. AND although I could see no water fountains for drinking the park was willing to sell small bottles of water for $3.25 each. After paying $18.00 for a locker to stow away our towels, clothes and my empty wallet we proceeded to ride on several water slides, dry attractions and even one roller coaster. We left exhausted, wet and broke and arrived home in time to eat dinner and say goodbye to my Mom.

Mom drove all the way up from Grayland to spend the night and help us out. She kicked butt on the house and yard clean up and then baked chocolate chip cookies with A1 and A3 to boot. I'm both grateful for the help and impressed at her accomplishments... and she isn't even cloned. When I grow up I want to be like her!

9 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

Oooh, shoe shopping . . . I want to go. But I guess I'll save my money for yarn. Isn't it sickening how expensive the parks are?? $18 for a locker is ridiculous, and don't get me started on the food. I'm glad you and A2 had a good time though.

6:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I responded to your comment before reading your blog. Six Flags here in St. Louis is hideous as well. It costs $37 with a coupon to get in and everything costs money (just like Wild Waves). I cannot understand how families can afford this. Credit cards is my guess, but then who can sleep at night? Your Mom rocks. What a terrific lady she must be and so good for your girls and you, too. Shoe shopping is only fun when you're buying for yourself. Everybody knows that.

7:14 AM  
Blogger Wendy Stackhouse said...

My kids want Heely's too, but the school has absolutely outlawed them. So that would be EXTRA outgrown sneakers. I don't think so. Although DD wants to spend her allowance on them. I'm looking for some other brand of the equivalent, as $70 for soon outgrown non-school shoes seems...outrageous.

But new sneakers and dress shoes are coming. I've never bought dress shoes for DS (they don't really dress up for church). I guess I'll wait till he needs them for something.

Happy anniversary (better late than never)!

7:21 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Heelies seem slightly dangerous to me. I'd worry about their ankles.

$12 for parking is outrageous!

6:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good thing your mom didn't charge for sitting services! Moms are amazing, aren't they? My house is always cleaner than I left it, even if I cleaned it before I left. Kelly and I are hoping that with the new job we'll finally be able to afford going out to dinner occasionally. By ourselves. :)
Back home tomorrow! Love, Karen O

8:48 PM  
Blogger Gillian said...

O.K. Please will someone tell me what Heely's/Heelies are? But even wihout knowing, they sound like something no young girl needs but every young girl wants!
I'm turning into my Mother already... I have started chatting to complete strangers.
Most of them are very nice.
Cheers Gillian

10:33 PM  
Blogger Wendy Stackhouse said...

Heely's are those sneakers with a wheel (removable) in the bottom so they can kind of skate around. Yes, they seem dangerous. They also recommend wearing a helmet with them, but good luck with that! My experience is that kids with Heely's on think of nothing else. Their brains shut off completely. Annoying.

6:58 PM  
Blogger Gillian said...

Thanks for the info on Heelys. I haven't seen them in Oz yet but we're not followers of fashion chez Redumbrella, so on a trip back to School in the big smoke next week, to help prepare morning tea for a friend who is retiring, I'll ask. Gosh that was a long sentence
Cheers Gillian

10:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember your mom as a child (kid) she had to be told every thing, else her time to do her jobs.

3:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home