Friday, December 23, 2005

Grandma Helen


Yesterday, December 22nd, my Grandma Helen passed away. She had been sick for a long time and all of the family was with her. Grandpa Porgy (George) and Grandma Helen had been married for 65+ years. This is a copy of their wedding photo. Grandpa is understandably distraught. Both Grandma Helen and my Grandma Eva, who passed away in 1998, were major influences on my life. Knitting was just one of the many things that they taught me. I will miss Grandma terribly, she was a great friend. If a perfect person could ever be created she would be a melding of my two Grandmothers.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sherrill said...

Heide...I'm sorry to hear that your Grandma Helen has passed away...nothing really eases the pain of such a loss, but remember all the wonderful times you had together and smile...take care of Grandpa Porgy...enjoy the family time at Christmas and know I'll be thinking of you.

(thanks for posting their picture, a handsome couple if I ever saw one and your Grandma Helen was a beauty. Grandpa Porgy was a handsome fellow, a great picture to keep out for display).

5:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

SORRY ABOUT HELEN, SHE WAS NICE LADY.

6:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home